May 17, 2014
Please be at the circle drive by the fountain for departure tomorrow morning at 6:30 AM. Don't forget to pack a lunch and, if you are in Group 1, to have your field gear available for use in the afternoon with Dr. Kerans.
May 14, 2014
See below for an update on scholarships. You must pay your fee bill by 5 PM tomorrow in order to go this summer. Note that even if your fee bill is $0 you must confirm your registration on the "My Tuition Bill" web page.
"All of the field scholarship awards will be in the system by 11am today and should be processed shorter after lunch today if not before.
If any students contact you, please ask them to do a couple of things before contacting us:
1. Login and check their My Tuition Bill as payments are literally posting every few minutes this AM.
2. If their payment is not showing up, check their email spam folder for emails from JSG re: summer field scholarships and respond where necessary. Keep check on their email as well as their My Tuition Bill page throughout the day.
3. If they have any have questions, have them call Tim Schriewer at the student center front desk 512-232-4544 or email him at JSG_Info@jsg.utexas.edu He will collect their info and get it to the Student Services Team promptly for followup. Our first priority is to address any problems so we can get the payments entered and once that is underway we can get back with students via email or phone.
Lastly we are working to remind students to log in and confirm their registration before 5pm tomorrow. Even if their tuition bill is zero, they must confirm their registration in order to maintain their enrollment.
April 30, 2014
As previously announced, there will be an organizational and informational meeting for Geo660 tomorrow night, Thursday, May 1, 5-6:30. The meeting will be in JGB 3.120. Please let me know if you can’t attend so that I can send you the handouts and arrange a time to meet.
April 7, 2014
- Summer preregistration begins next week. You must preregister to enroll in Geo660A and/or Geo660B. THIS WILL BE YOUR ONLY CHANCE TO ENROLL IN THE CLASS - WE DEPART BEFORE REGULAR SUMMER REGISTRATION BEGINS. If you miss this deadline you will not go this summer - this is an INFLEXIBLE University deadline that is outside of the control of the Jackson School.
February 2, 2014
- Enrolling in Geo. 660 this summer? It begins now - Jessica in the Holland Family Student Center Advising Suite has course information packets that include sign-up forms. Get yours today and return your forms ASAP.
- Still don't know whether you're going this year? March 1 is the deadline for returning all forms.
- The class starts this year on Sunday, May 18 and ends Saturday, June 28. Explore the course via a calendar, with links to field sites, instructors and more.
February 2, 2014
- Welcome to the pages for the 2014 summer field camp. Watch this page for announcements as the other information here is updated!