May 21, 2015
- Congratulations, everyone confirmed their registration and is set to go! There's a first time for everything after all...
- We depart Sunday morning at 8 AM from the circle drive in front of the east mall fountain. BE THERE NO LATER THAN 7:30 AM to pack your gear, receive a guidebook, get instructions from Drs. Mohrig and Kocurek and get settled in a vehicle.
- Your Assistant Instructor for the full six weeks, Meredith Bush, has created a UTBlog site at http://sites.utexas.edu/geo660/that she and I will use to post materials during the class. If you feel so inclined, find and bookmark it on your phone before we go.
May 7, 2015
- The class syllabus distributed this evening can now be downloaded.
- The books I recommended this evening are entitled Rising from the Plains (a Pulitzer Prize winner) and Geology of the American Southwest.
May 6, 2015
- Our first and only 660 meeting before departure is this Thursday, May 7, at 5:30-6:30 in the JGB 2.202. Topics to be discussed, with handouts, are how to prepare for the class, the schedule this summer and course projects. Those who cannot attend will be briefed in my office the following day at 4:30 PM (not the change from 5 PM).
- Departure/return is May 24/July 4. See the calendar pages for more information.
March 7, 2015
- The class starts this year on Sunday, May 24 and ends Saturday, July 4. 36 students returned sign-up forms on March 1.
- See the Calendar page and the daily links to explore the course.
March 7, 2015
- Welcome to the pages for the 2015 summer field camp. Watch this page for announcements as the other information here is updated!