Contact: Dr. Donggao Zhao
Phone: 512-471-1177 (O), 512-471-4949 (lab)
Microbeam instrumentation provides
and non-destructive elemental analysis to projects ranging
across a large segment of the research interests represented in the Jackson
School. Outside users also bring many interesting projects into these labs. For
a connection to the larger community of microbeam research, visit the homepage
of the Microbeam Analysis Society
INSTRUMENTS & SCHEDULING:
Instrument scheduling is open to authorized users by means of calendars posted online (EPMA, ESEM, SEM and XRD). Users may schedule only a single session/unit (a daytime unit is from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm; and a nighttime is from 5:00 pm to 8:00 am of next day) in advance. On using this session the user is eligible to sign up for another session. Walk-in use of unscheduled hours is permitted. All users must fill in required information in the log books.
For reservation, click here to sign in to your Google account
and then click Google Calendar at the lower right corner, or click on the following individual calendars.
- Electron Microprobe (EPMA)- JEOL JXA-8200, room 5.106A. For reservation, click EPMA.
- Environmental SEM (ESEM) - Phillips/FEI XL30, room 5.106B. For reservation, click ESEM.
- Scanning Electron Microscope (SEM): JEOL JSM-6490LV, room 5.108. For reservation, click SEM.
- X-Ray Diffractometer (XRD) - Bruker D8, room 5.114. For reservation, click XRD.
- Denton Vacuum Desk II Gold sputter, room 5.106. For reservation, click Gold Sputter.
- Ladd Carbon Evaporator, room 5.106. For reservation, click Carbon Evaporator.
- Buehler VibroMet® 2 Vibratory Polisher, room 1.108A. For reservation, click Vibratory Polisher.