|LEAD Main About LEAD People Prospective Students Recent Publications Recent Presentations LEAD Publications Projects & Grants Services Courses Employment Related Links Contacts||
Seasonal Precipitation Prediction
Accurately predicting precipitation on intra-seasonal to interannual timescales in North America.
Coastal Zone Interdisciplinary Science
Improving our understanding of how linked upland and estuarine ecosystems respond to combined changes in hydrological and nutrient cycles.
Climate Change/Air Quality
To develop an integrated regional modeling system for climate change, biogenic emissions and air quality.
Other ongoing projects include:
· Estimating Regional-Scale Snow Water Equivalent from in situ Measurements, Remote Sensing, and Land Surface Modeling with Data Assimilation
· Potential Effects of Global Warming on Hydrology and Water Resources in Saudi Arabia
· Improved probabilistic streamflow forecasting using ensembles of calibrated distributed Noah Land-Surface Model, SAC-SMA and statistical learning machines within an assimilation framework
· Climate Change and Texas Water Resources and Air Quality
· Numerical Modeling of Droughts in Northern China
· GRACE Water Storage for Water Resources Management: Case Study High Plains Aquifer, USA
· Mechanisms of regional climate change and impacts on water availability in Texas from the Last Glacial Maximum to present-day